photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Brenda Photo Challenge, Before and After

My sister Ann, of Ann's Snap Edit & Scrap has been taking part in The Brenda Photo Challenge for a little while now. While I enjoy looking at her entries it has not occurred to me to play along until recently. I am getting more interested in the editing of the photos that I use for my digital scrapbooking. I am trying to learn more about editing and making my photos look the best that they can, especially since I use just a point and shoot.

Anyway, I took this photo yesterday while we were out and about. I actually was taking my mother to her doctor's appointment, and had the girls with my and my mother-in-law as well since we were going craft shopping and out to lunch as well. I was so happy to see signs of spring that I stopped the car on the side of the road, amidst  a lot of "WHAT are you doing?" yelling! I love being unpredictable lol.

Since I am new to eiting, I did not think to keep the OOC pic I have the original edited pic as my before, which I bumped color, sharpness, and hue a bit to bring out the color in the photo.


Now my after pic ... I added some texture, played with the tones of the pic, desaturated a little and viola.


I have to admit I think it has a cool look to it. I tend to be one of those people that lean towards loveing the big bright colorful photos though and kind of prefer the original. Maybe it is just because I have not allowed myself to be artistic yet with photos. I did enjoy the challenge of working with the pic though, I am learning a lot more about my PS program and pictures in general! So, thanks sis for showing me the way and inspiring me!

15 comments:

  1. I can picture it being framed in a spa- it is so tranquil. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this would be great for a "Spring theme" too, I like the delicate changes you made, well done!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very nice. I love playing with photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the challenge! You were smart to desaturate because a light background almost begs for that kind of artistic license! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those flowers! The texture applied is lovely.
    btw Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love to meet new people!
    Have a wonderful weekend, xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Tanyia!!!
    This is Really Beautiful...How could you know I LOVE Anything pink...Lol
    Nice Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tend to lean toward the more vibrant photos too! but i think you did a good job. might have to start playing around with pics too. looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo is amazing. Beautiful subject and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photography! The before pic is awesome, but your edits make it even more awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey welcome to the challenge. You did fantastic. Such a pretty picture. I hope you'll join us again. You'll find that the people who participate in this challenge are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did a great job,
    I need to learn how to work my photoshop

    I'm following you from fab friends thursday blog please come by my blog sometime when you get a moment would love to have you follow me back
    http://www.shopping2scale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely beautiful. Great Processing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi, lovely blossoms. Thank you. And thanks for visiting my Challenge photos also...good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I jut did a small series of cheery blossoms myself. They really capture the coming of Spring nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!