photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Monday, March 21, 2011

I made it ... Kindle Kozy!

Well my dh named this a Kindle Kozy so that is what it is lol. I think he just thought he was brilliant with his alliteration. Which, of course I thought he was, too. Though I may be a bit biased! hehe. I was so ridiculously proud of this thing, let me tell you. Remember how proud I was of doing zippers? Well... multiply that by 100 and I am staring happily at my beautiful fabric and my beautiful kindle safe and secure inside its new little home!

I found this great tutorial from Tammy, at Not Just a Housewife. She hosts a Sew with me Saturday and I am so glad I did find it! Her pics were easy for a beginner like me to follow and I took her idea and directions for an ipod or phone case and made the Kindle Kozy out of it.

I made mine using two fat quarters from the Michael Miller Antiquity collection, which I adore and thought it went so well for a reading device or bag.





Yep, I actually made that and I sorta love it! :)

Participating In:
Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Making Friends Monday
I love my online friends Monday
Mom Monday Blog Hop
Making Monday Marvelous at C.R.A.F.T
Monday Madness Blog Hop 
Made with Love at Sew Chatty
Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do 
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife 
Take a Look Tuesday at Sugarbee
Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story
Anything Goes at Type A 
Tea Rose Home Linky Party
Lil Luna Link Party
Creative Share Wednesdays at The trendy treehouse
Whatever Goes Wednesdays at Someday Crafts 
Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday

24 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm your newest follower from the Monday Madness blog hop. I like your kindle cozy! Cute! I look forward to checking out future posts.

    Feel free to check out my blog here:http://inadaze13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. Just love that vintage fabric. I would say your sewing is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I made a kindle case back when I first got mine last year, but this is making me considering making a new one. Thanks for the blog visit and kind comment! I'm following you now!
    Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! I don't have a case for mine yet adn I'm so worried I'll drop it! But I'm sewing machine challenged =o) So I guess I'll have to buy one =o( Yours is MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kindle cozy! So cute!
    Visiting you from Making Friends Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. I might do something like that for my lap top. I'd rather a pretty bag with cushion than what is available in stores. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!

    New follower via google connect!

    http://www.hopelessheartbreaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, I love the fabric choices! I am glad we found eachothers blog!

    Carlee,
    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK first I'm jealous that you have a kindle and I don't :) Second that is a fabulous cozy. Not only do I love the style but that fabric is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog!
    Hiya! Newest follower from the Mom Blog Monday Hop-- please stop by and say hello! Would love if ya followed back!
    ♥cyn♥
    http://cyn-thenutshell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, great job on the kozy! Found you on Monday Madness blog hop and am now following you. Stop by some time.

    Jacqui
    http://www.homesteadbountyblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kindle cozy is so pretty, I love those fabrics. I made a jacket for my e-reader and it is so nice not to have to worry when I throw it in my bag that it might get scratched.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tanyia--This is gorgeous! The fabrics are so pretty and the gathering really makes it WOW!You did such a great job and I am thrilled to know that you started with my tutorial! I'll be linking at my link party on Thursday!! Please stop by and grab a featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! I LOVE THE FABRICS! I need to make one for our kindle asap! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it! where did you get the fabric with the script on it? thanks so much for sharing this at my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You SHOULD be proud! This thing is seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This Kindle cozy is great, just awesome! I found you at Handmade Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. saw this at tea rose, it is lovely! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is just so cute! Thanks for linking up to fabric tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cozy is gorgous. I trully think it is the best I have seen to-date. Visiting from The Tea Room.
    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 
    {Check out how I made my name 'clickable'.}

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your fabric! So sweet! :)

    Thanks for linking up at Today's Top 20!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, just came across your blog and I love this KK! I bought a boring old Kindle cover from Amazon, but I'll definitely have to try this out- love the fabric, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to see a picture of the back! Did you scrunch up the back and use 2 different patterns as well? I love this one and want to make it tonight! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    My email is tarablockley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!