Friday, December 2, 2011

Recipe: German Potato Salad

I have always loved German Potato Salad, and it was quite prevalent in Northern Pennsylvania where my family is from. For some reason I have never made it myself though. I love vinegary foods as well, and I had a hunkering for this! So off to Pinterest I went and came across this recipe. It is definitely worth trying out if you might be interested.


German Potato Salad
  • 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
  • 1 pound thick-cut bacon
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 bunch minced chives, for garnish
 Wash, cut, and boil potatoes until fork tender. 
Microwave bacon until desired doneness, chop.
Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt. Warm in 
a pan until thicker and bubbly, almost foamy. 
Add liquid to potatoes, stir to coat evenly. Add bacon and chives, mix, and serve
warm. :) Sooo delicious and yummy, great on a cold winter night! 

Enjoy!
Enjoy!Photobucket 



4 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of German potato salad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about potatoes! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!