photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My First Bee!

No... not the buzzy kind :) I participated in my first online Quilting Bee. I can not even tell you how absolutely nervous I was to sew for other people! lol I am really glad that I took the chance though and did it!

I learned a new block along the way. It is not a hard block... just a new block. I have previously sworn off stars because they are so damn old fashioned looking and I really hate old grandma style quilting lol. Thankfully the modern quilting movement has shown me that with a bright beautiful white and modern prints you have a whole new take on old fashioned star patterns! It is awesome! I am a convert.

I found THIS post on Happy Zombie which prompted me to Google the tut for this block. I do not remember where I ended up or where I found the tut, but I do remember trying it the traditional way and ended up finding out I could do is slightly wonky and that worked so much better for me since I did not have to be so precise! I am in love and I love how they turned out and am proud of them!

So, here they are, my part of the[3 x 6] Sampler Quilt Mini Bee:







Yep... I did that! Squee! I am so happy that my skills are growing and I am learning more!

What have you been up to?

-Tanyia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!