photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

QDAD - Aug 12th

I have two more designs to share with you from the Quilt Design a Day group. I know the whole idea is to do one or two a day and spend a few minutes being creative every day, but honestly I spend lots of time every day being creative so I just do some when the mood strikes me.

This inspiration was from July 11th:


I am not sure why but I wanted to try and abstract bird block. No real definition, just using clunky shapes to kind of simulate where different things in the picture were. I came up with this block:


I ended up switching where the green and the dark brown were from the photo as it just didn't sit right in that position, to me. I like the layout better this way. Now, I did think this was a rather simple design, but I put it into a whole quilt and played with orientation and I think I actually really like the way the over all quilt looks much more than a single block.


This is a seriously different design for me so it was actually good to try the abstract thing as it made me step out of my comfort zone.

The other design I did was from July 14th:


This photo is just stunning and I love the color palette.


I went a bit more literal with this one. I really love the way it turned out. I did not design it by the block but rather by the quilt as a whole. If this were to be worked up in to an actual quilt it would need some tinkering to get everything on a more even keel. I do love it though and just might have to consider doing that!

That's all for this week! Enjoy your day!

-Tanyia

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!