Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Jacks Quilt Pattern by Bryan House Quilts


I was very luck to have tested a really lovely pattern called, "Jacks". It was designed by Becca of Bryan House Quilts.  Take a look a Becca's beautiful version of the quilt.

http://bryanhousequilts.bigcartel.com/product/jacks-quilt-pattern

What a beautiful job she did not only on the pattern but the quilt as well.

The pattern is easy to read and has really clear instructions. I love how she has combined both traditional piecing with the 16 patch and the foundation paper piecing of the star points! I had never worked with a block that combined the two methods and I have to say I am a huge fan! I chose to do a baby quilt for someone and it was easy enough to determine the directions for a smaller than intended quilt based on the directions and cutting information provided.

I love how this quilt looks not only with the block itself but the beautiful stars that form when you piece the blocks together! Take a look at what I did with the pattern:


This outdoor photo was a little off in the blue color, it is not such a bright blue. It was a super sunny Florida day that day! lol So, I took a pic indoors as well, which reflects the blue a bit better.


i just love the center star when it is pieced like this! These are approx 16 in blocks I believe so this was a nice size for a newborn. I would easily work with this lovely pattern again!

If you want to check it out, the first photo is linked directly to the pattern or you can click HERE to go right to Bryan House Quilts' Store and purchase it now.

If you use the pattern I would love to see it! Link me here or on Instagram!

Tanyia

4 comments:

  1. Such a stunning design - really love the fabrics you have used in this beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a great pattern, especially for someone looking for more complex design and skill building. really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see this until now. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! I meant to say your version is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!