photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Monday, June 21, 2010

Blueberry Pie

Ok, well I have to confess.

Over the weekend I was able to make one blueberry recipe. I made a simple blueberry pie. First off I never made blueberry pie from scratch so I figured let's go with a simple recipe for the first time... sort of feel our way around, ya know?

Anyway, even though this recipe was very simple ( I actually thought... "Is that all the ingredients?") it actually was delicious.

Now...knowing that, there is yet another confession... *hangs head* we actually ate it all before I could even remember to even think about taking pics! lol.

YES... it was that yummy. So simple, straightforward, uncomplicated, pure yummyness. Ok, well, topped with vanilla ice cream of course. You know when you put cold ice cream on top of warm pie, you get those yummy little pools of creamy goodness.... ooohhh yes! I think another pie may be in my future!

Here is the recipe I used, please, I BEG you ... try it!

Blueberry Pie

2 premade pie crusts
4 c of fresh blueberries
1/2 c of sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 large egg yolk
1 tbsp heavy cream

Combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Add blueberries and toss, gently, to coat berries, I used my hands since
I could control the pressure and keep from crushing the berries.

Put one crust in your pie pan, fill with the blueberry filling, then cover
with the other crust, crimping the edges to seal. Cut venting marks in pie.

Combine the egg yolk and the cream, mixing together, and brush across entire pie and
the edges of pie. Put entire pie in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Put pie on cookie sheet when ready to bake, to catch any spills. Cook the pie at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 and cook for approx 45 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.

Allow the pie to cool completely before cutting to allow time for the pie and its juices to set. Excellent served with ice cream.


6 comments:

  1. This looks yummy!! Looks like we both had desserts on our mind this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giggling about you eating it before you could take pictures. I have so done that before! Sounds yummy -- a perfects summer treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? You used pre made pie crusts? The queen of baking didn't make her own crusts? I feel so let down now....rofl. I must confess though I can't make pie crust and I always buy the premade ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, lol, it must run in the family. I truly can not make pie crust to save my life. I am actually quite horrible with anything pastry like lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blueberry pie recipe. I never made pie before, because I can't make the crust. Buut as you said, two pre-made pie crust, one for the top and one for the bottom. Well, that just solved my problem. A simple recipe makes life simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is true...a simple recipe does make life simple! I was really surprised at how good it was, too! :) I hope you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!