photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Days of Thankful, Day Eleven... and a new quilt done!

This morning I am thankful for my sewing machine, which my dh spent WAY too much money to get the uber expensive model for me. After I finish a project and I look at it, it really just makes my heart happy to see the finished product. I can smile and get such a sense of accomplishment. It really is a gift that keeps on giving as corny as that sounds. I love it and I love my husband. I am a lucky girl :)

Here is my third quilt I just finished with it :) It is a rag quilt ... I am pretty sure everything is gonna be a rag quilt lol SO much easier than binding which drives me insane...and as I discovered with this disappearing 9 patch block, you can make the blocks beautiful still, it does NOT have to be plain to be a rag quilt :)

Pin It

And one more thing to be thankful for, today, on veteran's Day 2011. I am so very thankful to every man and woman that have risked their lives to make my life easy, safe, and secure. I am also thankful to all of their spouses who had to run a household w/o them and did it knowing it was for the greater good. I am thankful to their children, who had to do w/o a parent all in the name of freedom. Please know that your sacrifices do NOT go unnoticed and that there are plenty of us out there aware and appreciative. I am thankful for you today, as well.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone and a very blessed weekend.

Participating In:

Weekend ShowOff Party 
 Every Crafty Endeavor
Creative Princess Party #27
Show Off Your Stuff
Anything Goes Linky Party
Show me what ya got at Not Just a Housewife

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt. I still haven't gotten around to trying that but one of these days I'm going to

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!