photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Monday, October 29, 2012

What's one more new craft?

I guess I decided that the crafts I do were not enough and I needed to learn another one. My dd and I were wanting to learn either crochet or knitting and since I had done a little crocheting in the past I decided we would start there!

So, we went to a 2 1/2 hours class at JoAnn's and took a basic crochet 101 class. All we learned was chaining, single crochet and double crochet... and the teacher was not quite sure on the double crochet method so I think I am going to need to visit some tutorials on that one just in case!

I made 1 scarf for my youngest dd and it was kinda ugly. Granted it was pretty good for my first try (or at least that is what I tell myself so please do not burst my bubble lol). Then I redid the same scarf with the rest of the yarn... still a little ... ewww.

Then I redid it one more time in a yarn with more bulk to it... and viola! I am in love! Here it is, my first successful crochet project, and it was so quick, too!




I was not quite sure of the colors when they were in the skein still but yea... I love it now! This one is for my middle dd and she loves it as well. I think this would be a great stitch for a cowl too, with some gorgeous big chunky buttons! I may do a couple for my dd, for her Etsy store. EEeee! I am so proud of this one! Thanks for looking! 

 What have you been up to lately? Make anything new? Try a new craft like I did?

-Tanyia 

Participating In:


10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I can't believe this is your first effort-- you're a quick study. :) Crochet is my very favorite craft, and I just love seeing how the yarn transforms into something beautiful and useful with a little work. I hope that you will stick with hooking for a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thanks so much for the compliment ... don't forget the two that turned out pretty awful before this one! lol! Thanks for the encouragement. I found something rated beginner that I would love to make but I am having trouble with the pattern instructions and converting it into English lol.

      Delete
  2. That looks great! A friend of mine has been trying & trying to teach me. But mine looks nothing like yours, lol.

    Your newest follower! :)

    http://www.scentswag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute, I love the open weave. I recently started crocheting too, the last baby blanket I made I ripped out 3 times! How can you make a simple rectangle! Not giving up yet though, it's so much fun. I love the name of your blog too!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much... I ripped this out a lot lol. I am glad I didn't give up, which I usually do haha! Keep on trying, and come and share it with you if you post it, I would love to see it!

      Delete
  4. Looks great and Love your blog name ;-).

    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may be a silly question but why do you need a scarf when you live in Florida?.....lol Seriously, love the colors and it looks great. Another craft you're going to show me up in huh?....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I was also going to say that I taught myself how to crochet with one of those teach yourself books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, especially for your first attempt. I'm also working on a scarf for my daughter. I enjoy small things like dishrags because I don't have the attention span for big crochet projects. The pattern you followed looks neat. If you want to learn more, you can find some great tutorial videos online. I don't remember the ones I went to after I learned in an hour class, but those were much better than trying to learn from pictures. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I normally don't crochet scarves, but this pattern looks awesome! I am glad the second go round with bulkier yarn did the trick. It looks wonderful and you have a lucky middle dd.
    cheers!
    -k

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!