photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Saturday, July 27, 2013

My first Improv Pieced Block...

The block of the month for the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild, for August's meeting, is just adorable! Just Jude has a really cute Pippi Longstocking block tutorial. It reminds me nothing of Pippi lol but thats ok, its a super cute name! And my block is certainly even farther from Pippi! I did mess up the head the first time and needed to re do it, but I love how she turned out! The only thing I would do differently is to make the top of her hair a little taller... she looks at bit flat headed lol. BUT... first time? I LOVE it! <3


I made her with leftover scraps from the Star Surround QAL cutting I did this week, and I love how well it matches but it isn't too matchy matchy.

One thing I am really happy about... I would have looked at that tutorial in the past and thought about how cute it was and then passed it up because I would have thought I would not be able to pull it off. Well...humph! YES I CAN! :) Go me!

Tanyia

6 comments:

  1. She looks fabulous! Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you for sure- she looks great! I never thought to do anything with my scraps. Great idea and very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I love taking on things I couldn't do in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for scraps! It is a great block and I might have to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. Great job and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!