photo Homelabel_zpse1c8dc65.jpg  photo aboutmelabel_zpse8bc253c.jpg  photo 2013finishes_zps69a4920f.jpg  photo 2014finisheslabel_zps2b669b77.jpg  photo participatedlabel_zpsa4bd6bdf.jpg  photo Pinterestlabel_zps151b47c6.jpg  photo flickrlabel_zps5b830383.jpg  photo instagramlabel_zps733b5998.jpg

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Watermelon Sorbet

I have found the perfect solution to this heat and humidty! A super cold, refreshing treat! I could not stand the thought of anything heavy right now, so some sorbet was a perfection solution! Icy cold, light, and with the refreshing taste of watermelon? Yes, please!

Becca put some gummy bears on hers and loved it! Sam went with some chocolate covered pretzels which was surprisingly yummy. I went for just a plain refreshing cup <3

I promise you will be surprised at just how easy this is to make!


You need:

4c chunked watermelon, no seeds
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1c sugar
1c water

All you need to do is puree your watermelon, then add the lemon juice and put it in the refrigerator to chill. Boil your sugar and water and reduce just enough to make a simple syrup. Put that in the refrigerator after it has cooled to room temperature. Let everything chill overnight.

The next day add your syrup to your puree then follow your ice cream maker's instructions. In my case I turned it on and waited 20 minutes for it to finish! Super hard, right?

*My ice cream maker calls for my ice cream maker bowl to always be frozen, so make sure you add it to the freezer the night before if you need to.

The kids absolutely loved this and it is simple enough for them to help make it as well. Quick, easy, and seriously yummy!

Enjoy!
-Tanyia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day!